This tour revolves around the bustling ancient city of Kathmandu valley with a bit rural touch. Kathmandu the capital city of Nepal located at an altitude of 1,300 m above sea level. Kathmandu valley though small in size is the epicenters of culture and art and is home to the ancient Newari culture. Also, number of fascinating historical sites located in Kathmandu, as well as the cultural festivities means there is always something to do. Among many historical sites, some of them are listed in UNESCO World Heritage Sites.
This tour includes ancient palaces which is listed in UNESCO World Heritage Sites and has some amazing and unique Newari architecture, centuries old Buddhist and Hindu religious sites. You will be walking through old narrow lanes, visiting local markets and opportunity to see the old carved house. This is the city where ancient traditions rub shoulder with latest technology.
Then this tour takes you approx. 40 km away to the tranquil village Balthali from the hustling bustling city of Kathmandu. The panoramic view of Himalayan peaks in the northern horizon, green terrace fields dotted with ochre painted houses; colorful rhododendron forest with numbers of birds is spectacular.
- Old Historical and Religious sites
- Beautiful and typical village
- Gentle hike
- Panoramic mountain views (weather permitting)
- Green terrace fields dotted with ochre painted houses
- Area : Kathmandu & Balthali village
- Season : September- December, March-May
- Activities : Cultural Tour, Gentle hike, Mountain view
- Elevation : Approx. 1,730m