This tour offers ancient temples, historical monuments, religious places, mountain view and sunrise at Nagarkot as well (if weather permit). Although small in size, Kathmandu Valley has some beautiful historical places listed in the UNESCO World Heritage Sites. During this trip you will be visiting 7 UNESCO World Heritage Sites of Kathmandu valley including hiking to Nagarkot from Changunarayan and old Newari Town Bungamati and Khokana. The tour is the fantastic combination of scenery, Nepali culture, heritage and typical lifestyle of Newari people. The trek to Nagarkot from Changunarayan is easy and enjoyable as it is mostly downhill. It is ideal for beginning trekkers who want to try a day hike as well as to enjoy the local heritage.
- Old historical & religious heritage sites
- Mountains and Sunrise view (weather permits)
- Local markets
- Short and scenic hike
- Witness of Newari life style
- Area : Kathmandu Valley
- Season : September- December, March-May
- Activities : Cultural Tour and Short Hike
- Elevation : 2,175m
Upon arrival you will be warmly greeted by our representatives in the airport and takes you to your designated hotel. Before check in short briefing session will be arranged.
Overnight at hotel
After breakfast today we will be visiting to the world’s most glorious Buddhist Chaitya Swayambhunath. Built in 250 BC and known to be the oldest in Nepal, this stupa displays typical Buddhist architecture located in the small hill inside Kathmandu Valley. The vicinity of the Swayambunath stupa is surrounded by hundreds of other Buddhist shrines all around.
Then we drive to Kathmandu Durbar Square situated in the heart of the city. This ancient palace is also known as Hanuman Dhoka Durbar. This palace is named after Hanuman, the monkey god, as a stone statue of Hanuman is placed right next to the main entrance protecting the whole palace.
From here we walk through typical Nepali markets to busy touristic Thamel Area.
Today we drive to Patan Durbar Square which is also known Lalitpur which means “City of Beauty”. Patan is a city of fine metal works and countless festivals.
After then we drive to Typical Newari Town Bungamati and Khokana. Bungamati is home to the famous Rato Machindranath (God of Rain). Also these two town are famous for agriculture, wood carving, mustard oil and so on.
Over night at Hotel
After breakfast today we drive to Boudhanath Stupa an ancient colossal stupa built during the 5th century. This is one of the biggest stupa in the world and is the center of world Tibetan Buddhism.
Then we visit to Pashupatinath Temple, a two tiered golden roof and silver door temple which is considered one of the four most important religious sites in Asia for devotees of Shiva. Number of temples, ashrams, images and inscriptions are built here. This is a temple of Lord Shiva and the largest temple complex in Nepal.
Then we drive to Pharping which is an important Pilgrimage site for Vajrayana Buddhists. Outside of the town on the hillside there are three very important sacred sites: a major Vajrayogini temple, a cave where Padmasmbhava mediated and self-arising Tara below the cave complex.
Overnight at Hotel
Today after breakfast we drive to Changunarayan Temple which is a living museum of carvings from the Lichhavi period. The temple is a double-roofed dedicated to Lord Vishnu as Narayan.
And then we walk approx 4 hours to Nagarkot. The walk to nagarkot is scenic and excellent on the outskirts of Kathmandu valley. You will be amazed to see the traditional lifestyle of the local villages.
Overnight at Nagarkot
After enjoying mesmerizing view of sunrise over the majestic mountains (weather permit) at Nagarkot. We then drive back to Kathmandu via Bhaktapur Durbar Square which is a city of devotee and the home of traditional art and architecture, magnificent windows, pottery and so on.
Overnight at Hotel
As per the flight schedule we transfer you to the Airport for your flight back home.
- Hotel Accommodation during stay on B&B basis
- Sightseeing tour as stated above
- Private AC Vehicle during the tour
- Local English speaking guide
- Entrance fee during the sightseeing tour
- Arrival/Departure transfers
- Nepali entry visa @ US $ 30.- net per person for 15 days can be obtained at Tribhuvan International airport. Passport needs to be atleast 6 months valid on the day of departure from Nepal, 01 Passport size photograph and visa fee needs to be paid cash in US DOLLAR ( Price can be change without any prior notice)
- Meals - Lunch and Dinner
- Your personal gears for travelling
- Travelling Insurance
- International flight tickets
- Any extra cost involved in case of natural disaster, political turmoil, epidemics, flight cancellation etc.
- Tips for staff not mandatory but expected
- Anything not mentioned in the above include box